Enjoying the Winter

Experiencing skiing at Lake Tahoe

Lake Tahoe is a wonderful place to visit anytime of the year especially in the winter. The snow season is a great luxury that few states have. With several great ski resorts about three hours away from the Bay Area, there shouldn’t be an excuse to not attempt skiing or snowboarding. It’s a place to relax, sight see, play in the snow and most importantly ski.

When visiting the snow, skiing and snowboarding should be considered. One of the closest resort to the Bay is Sierra at Tahoe. It is 2,000 acres of skiable mountain and Sugar n’ Spice is one of the few easy 46 trails they have to offer.  Like an amusement park, they aim for fun, but be prepared to wait in line. Single Day passes vary in price from $89 to $99. The season pass has the best value It’s suggested to go earlier in the day to avoid the heat and lines. They have several lessons that teach important basics and they’re as low as $49. When the lesson is complete the rest of the day is yours. Be sure to visit Huckleberry Gates and the Grandview for a delightful sight. The backside add variety to the mountain and even has small resting spot for people to enjoy beverages and company. Sierra at Tahoe is a nice close location to consider when visiting Lake Tahoe.

Heavenly is the largest skiable mountain in Lake Tahoe more than doubling Sierra at Tahoe. It spans from California to Nevada and has 97 trails to explore. A popular It is the highest mountain in Lake Tahoe. They offer more than just skiing and snowboarding. At Heavenly they have a small village at the bottom the mountain that caters to the average night out: food and entertainment. To enter the actual ski resort, you must ride a gondola. Because Heavenly is so large and well kept, it’s is a heavy tourist attraction.  The lines maybe long, but the ride down is worth it. Another thing is even when there is no snow, they offer hiking, mountain biking, fishing and even balloon rides. Heavenly is a resorts that caters to all need, but it can be costly with all the additions.

Visiting the snow is an entertaining idea for those who want to plan a trip with friends and family. Renting a cabin isn’t too hard and after a long eventful day of fun, snuggling up under the blankets is a joy. The season only comes once every year in California and each year is different. Be sure to visit before the snow is gone.