Coffee and Entertainment: Slap Face Cafe

Ricardo Pichardo, Opinion's Editor

On Peralta Boulevard in Fremont, close to the train station a two-story building called Slap Face Café serves students and business professionals a regular basis.  Weather your there to study or grab a drink during the weekday or to join in on the live entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays, Slap Face is a great local joint to visit.

This establishment is one of the few cafes in the area that is open every day until midnight adding extra time in the day for productivity. Immediately when entering the decorative art is displayed throughout the building; an odd piece is the large lady picking her nose painted on the left inside wall. Although a bit unusual, it adds unique character.  The lofty ceilings and second floor make the café more spacious and efficient. Their order menu is simple, mostly coffee. The coffee is tasty, inexpensive, and the cappuccino does its job. They also have a variety of ice cream and sherbets; just for those who want a delicious

Every weekend they offer several types of entertainment, sometimes it’s interactive like a dance classes and other times it’s a just a teenager play piano on open mic night.  Since they do not have a stage the eye to eye level performance is more intimate . To make it more enjoyable, it’s free. This spot in Fremont really supports the local community by providing entertainment for everyone of all ages. The previous week comedians talked and after, two rock bands from Fairfield played full of confidence and delight, since the building is large the music fills the room. Be prepared and bring ear protection.

The overall experience of the café is delightful, the area is attractive, and everyone is friendly. When you have feel creative or just need some work done, Slap Face Café is a great destination.