Former editors start sports blog

November 27, 2017

Ivan Vargas

Ivan Vargas

College students start their educational venture full of dreams and goals to achieve. On that same spot was Ohlone’s alumni and former Monitor staff, Julian Moncaleano.

Inspired about athletes and the struggles they had to overcome to be the stars they are today, Moncaleano came with the idea of creating his own website, his own sports blog, ‘sidelineperspective.com’

Sideline Perspective, rather than being a normal source of sports news, gives readers a more in-depth perspective about events, it analyze games for the readers.

Moreover, Moncaleano didn’t keep his mission to himself and invited former Ohlone students and Monitor staff, Sara Biela and Ronnie Lozano.

“It was too much for one person,” Moncaleano said. “I invited Ronnie, because he is really good with baseball,” said Moncaleano about Lozano. “Then, Sara always impressed me about all her knowledge about sports. It was amazing,” continued Moncaleano.

Moncaleano always had a strong passion for writing and sports journalism. At his time at Ohlone, Moncaleano was the sports editor for the Monitor during last year’s Fall semester. “Julian always had a smooth, natural writing style. I’m really proud of his new website,” said Bill Parks, Moncaleano’s adviser at the Monitor.

Sideline Perspective started on late September and it seems to grow along the experience that Moncaleano, Biela, and Lozano are earning in their journey.

Take a look and visit sidelineperspective.com