No KD, No Problem?

Sara Biela, Sports Editor

The Golden State Warriors have lost five out of their last eight games since losing Kevin Durant back on February 27th against the Washington Wizards.

Instead of a strong lead in the Westen Conference, the team is now going back and forth with the San Antonio Spurs to secure the number one seed. When looking ahead to playoffs, should Dub fans be worried?

Right now, a lot of fans probably are. Not knowing for sure if this kind of momentum will carry over into the playoffs kills them.

Losing one of your top starting players is tough on every team – but at some point, the team regroups and learns to find ways to win without them.

When the Warriors signed Durant on the Fourth of July last year, it seems like Dub Nation made him “the guy” we would rely on the most to get wins – and now that he’s out, we’re paying for it.

Since Durant’s injury, the team’s offense has slowly declined. The 3-point game is in a slump, the team’s shooting percentage is down, and the bench hasn’t stepped up like we were hoping it would.

One of two things needs to happen: either Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, or the rest of the starters need to do more or the bench needs to step up in a huge way.

It’s too soon to worry. There’s still regular season left to play. Who knows what could happen. They need to find ways to win and have every player step up.

If Durant returns just in time for the playoffs, it’ll be a whole different story. If not, they might not make it out of the West.