Campus Comment: How do you deal with stress and what advice do you give new students regarding stress?

Jamila Wardak, Batul Mirza, Staff Writer

Rebecca Ceaser – Liberal Arts for Teaching Major “I confide in friends and family — I rant to them and they help keep me grounded
I was stressed out about school and everything in the beginning. At Ohlone, things are more spread out on a college campus but the best thing is to take advantage of the resources that are available on campus. I took advantage of the math lab while on campus and it helped me a lot.

Ian Castanar — Mechanical Engineer Major “I go for a walk or a run — anything that is not school related gives you time to reflect
Be yourself, aside from high school with all of the peer pressure college students are more open and mature so the key is to be yourself and not get wrapped up in things and find reasonable outlets.”

Dylan Lazaga – Communications Studies Major “I take breaks, especially with homework I take breaks and maybe play a video game
Don’t set high unachievable expectations for yourself, when you’re going into a new school, students usually set the bar too high and get overwhelmed and overloaded with work. It’s important to have that balance.”