Construction project continues

January 23, 2018

Measure G progress continues as Ohlone gets ready to launch the building in 2019

Mark Emmons/Monitor

Mark Emmons/Monitor

The Measure G-sponsored Academic Core project continues to rapidly progress. Anyone walking by the construction site on a regular basis can see the advances the site has been making Since the beginning of the semester, while much of the progress has been internal and not as visible, the buildings have come a long way.

Floors have been poured, reinforcements of the frames have been done. Progress has also come through the form of internal development.

The framework for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing utilities have been installed; not to mention fireproofing of all the construction to date.

Recently, the project has achieved installation of fire water lines, to be eventually connected to emergency fire sprinklers in the new buildings.

Robert Dias, the Measure G director, told the Monitor, “Work is now progressing with the erection of the exterior scaffolding around the buildings to install the exterior walls / skin.”

Construction is expected to continue throughout the winter break.