50th Anniversary Staff Exhibition

November 9, 2017

For 50 years, Ohlone College has been home to a range of artists and art professors. The process of learning, teaching and creating art has been refined for decades, right here, in our college.

All of this will be celebrated through an exhibition that displays the artwork of some of the professors who have called Ohlone their workplace.

The Ohlone College 50th Anniversary Art Exhibition will be on display in the Louie-Meager Art Gallery from Nov. 13 to Dec. 8.

“This legacy exhibit showcases current and retired faculty and staff artists, many of whom have split their professional careers making artwork while training generations of students artists,” said Dina Rubiolo, the Director of the Louie-Meager Art Gallery,

Students and staff are encouraged to stroll through the gallery and take in the works of those who have participated. Rubiolo said, “This is a great opportunity to see the work of your professors and colleagues.”

While allowing the public to appreciate refined art work, this exhibit also has a personal touch for those associated with Ohlone. It is their teachers or co-workers past and present whose work will be on display.

The exhibition officially opens on Monday, November 13th. Rubiolo sais, “An artists’ reception will be held on Friday, Nov. 17 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Louie-Meager Art Gallery in the Smith Center”. This event will be open to the public.