Club Day Held at Newark Campus

With the spring semester in full swing, Associated Students of Ohlone (ASOC) hosted more than ten clubs in the main lobby of the Newark Ohlone campus for Club Day.

​Sponsored by the Student Activities Department, Club Days are an opportunity for clubs to make their presence known as well and to recruit new members. Each club showcased posters, accessories, a variety of scheduled entertainment events, sweets and snacks, and provided information about their club to the students of Ohlone.

The Ohlone Chapter of Society for the Advancement of Chicanos, Latinos and Native Americans in the Sciences (SACNAS) – caught the attention of students, with their innovative smoking volcano and floating block cruising around a track. 

“Our club is about stem-field advancement, and we’re promoting the society for Native Americans and Chicanos in the sciences,” said Darren Tan, a SACNAS representative. “We want to encourage the new generation to get into the sciences.”

​Students were enticed with two gaming systems hooked up to huge TV screens for the club Renegade Gaming. “We’re an EA Sports video game club on campus,” said Steven Porep, a Renegade Gaming representative.

“We hope to keep the tradition of gaming ongoing, and pass it on to the next generation.”

​For more information about all the clubs on campus, please visit:http://www.ohlone.edu/org/studentactivities/studentclubs.html