Shoes, glorious shoes

Yumyat Thwe, Staff Writer

Wearing something on our feet when we go outside has become part of our normal everyday outfits. Sometimes we wear them not only outdoors, but also indoors.

There are many different kinds of footwear these days: shoes, sandals, slippers, stilettos, boots, clogs, flats, loafers, sneakers and many others.

Although fashion varies from country to country, footwear deigns are similar. Sometimes, we can even spot two different people wearing same exact shoes shopping at a local mall. Moreover, there are some people who have same shoes that an actress wore in some movie, or TV show.

Footwear fashion is growing, so as the footwear business. According to ABC News, the most expensive shoe in the world is $3 million, Ruby Slippers made by Harry Winston. But most of us pay  $20 to $100.

There are designer brands which are high end and expensive, signature brands that are more common for middle-class people, and generic brands.

All footwear designs are somewhat similar, although the culture and tradition are different. That is basically because most people believe, “Good shoes take you good places.” It means that wearing good shoes will help you walk a better path in life.

There are a few interesting shoe quotes (Brainy Quotes) from Christian Louboutin, a French fashion designer:

“Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally,” “The stiletto is a feminine weapon that men just don't have,” 

“A shoe has so much more to offer than just to walk.”

According to The Sydney Morning Herald News, Darlene Flynn, the famous shoe collector. holds the world record for owning 16,400 pair of shoes.

Different people have different perspectives on shoes. There are a few people who collect shoes as hobbies. Some actually make sure to wear all the shoes in their collection, however, some buy them with the sole purpose of showcasing.

Now winter has come. The slippers are hard to spot, rather boots are everywhere. Boots are gender-friendly. Both men and women wear boots, nevertheless, the designs are different. There are also different kinds of boots: long boots, ankle boots, dress boots, riding boots, paddock boots, etc.

Famous signature boot brands are Hush Puppies, Timberland, Warmbat, and Wolverine World Wide.