Most Requested Live grows

Ivan Vargas / Monitor

Henry Ochs, Staff Writer

Last January, I wrote a column about a highly interactive radio show called “Most Requested Live With Romeo” and for this week’s column, I thought I would give an update on what’s been going on with this show.

Well, a lot has happened with MRL since January. First off, the show has gained its 160th affiliate and also moved its operations to Portland, OR, where Romeo (real name Tim Herbster) accepted the program director position at iHeart Media’s KKRZ(Z100).

The show’s format has remained pretty much the same, letting its listeners pick the music that is played on the show and also interact with each other and also with its cast members through their various social media websites such as Twitter, Facebook, SnapChat and their USTREAM chat room.

Here are a few reasons why you should check out “Most Requested Live with Romeo:

To meet new buddies through social media; to discover hot new music; to learn about artists that you don’t already know about.

"Most Requested Live” is aired every Saturday evening from 4 to 9 p.m. on your choice of their 160 affiliated radio stations nationwide, including WIOQ (Q102) in Philadelphia.

This station is available through the iHeart Radio app, which is available from your favorite app store – and it’s free.

If you would like to find out more about this show, visit their website at http://www.mostrequestedlive.com Be sure to tune in this week.  Their special guests will include Niall Horan, Adam Levene and Martin Garrix.

HOLIDAY MUSIC IS COMING:

The Holiday Season is upon us and once again Adult Contemporary stations from all across America will make their annual format flip to All-Christmas music, including 94.5 KBAY in San Jose and 96.5 KOIT in San Francisco. You won’t catch me listening to Christmas music for one month straight because I like different genres of music, including Top 40 and Classic Rock.

MY PSA NOMINATION:

I’m very proud to announce that the Public Service Announcement about Autism Awareness that I did for Great Bend, Kansas radio station KZRS-FM(Old School 107.9) has been nominated for best PSA from the Kansas Association of Broadcasters. I won’t know if I won this award until sometime next August, so wish me luck.