Kevin Klein Live on the Rise

Ivan Vargas / Monitor

Henry Ochs, Staff Writer

I was recently scanning the radio and music news websites for more radio news to share with you and here’s what I found this week.

CBS Radio Alternative rocker KITS(Live 105) Morning Show Host Kevin Klein has inked a new multi-year deal, keeping him at the helm of the weekday morning show alongside co-host Ally Johnson. Kevin Klein Live debuted on Live 105 in September 2014.

Since then, Klein and crew have attracted record-breaking numbers for the station, finishing the last quarterly book No. 1 among Adults 18-34 and No. 3 among Adults 18-49. “Morning radio in the Bay Area has been a laughing stock, but NO ONE IS LAUGHING NOW…oh wait,” Klein said. “In just two years, Kevin Klein Live has become a defining voice for a new generation of Bay Area listeners,” Program Director Jacent Jackson told the radio trade publication Friday Morning Quarterback. “They sound like nothing else on the dial. We are thrilled by their accomplishments and look forward to continued success for Kevin Klein Live on Live 105. The future for this show is bright.” 

MORE HOLIDAY CONCERTS ANNOUNCED:

CBS Radio Hot Adult Contemporary station KLLC([email protected]) has announced its line up for their annual “Alice in Winterland” concert to be held Dec. 1 at the Masonic in San Francisco. This year’s concert will feature performances by OneRepublic, Train, and Los Bandoleros.

Ticket and other information about this show can be found on their website at radioalice.com

KTRB OFFICIALLY SOLD:

Pappas Radio of California has sold News/Talk station KTRB(860 The Answer) to Salem Broadcasting for $5.1 million. The station had been operating under a Local Marketing Agreement since July 1.

COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD:

Alpha Media Adult Contemporary station 94.5 KBAY midday host Jona Denz-Hamilton led her team of listeners by raising money in The San Jose Walk To End Alzheimer’s, which was held on October 8.

Team KBAY walked for donations of almost $5000, helping San Jose to third place in the nation – just shy of $1.2 million.

HERE ARE THIS WEEK’S TOP FIVE HIT RECORDS:

1. “Closer” – The Chainsmokers f/Halsey

2. “Heathens” – Twenty One Pilots

3. “Let Me Love You” – DJ Snake f/Justin Bieber

4. “Treat You Better” – Shawn Mendes

5. “Cold Water” – Major Lazer f/Justin Bieber

FOR YOUR WEEKEND LISTENING PLEASURE:

Pop music recording artists Tove Lo, JoJo, and Alessia Cara will be special guests this weekend on the Top 40 radio show “Most Requested Live with Romeo.” The show is aired every Saturday evening from 4 to 9p.m. on 160 radio stations worldwide, including WIOQ(Q102) in Philadelphia, which is available on the iHeart Radio app. More information about this show, including how to interact with the show can be found on their website at http://www.mostrequestedlive.com

Monitor Radio and Music columnist Henry Ochs has spent many years working in radio and keeps track on all of the latest happenings in the radio and music industries. He can be reached at DJHammerinhank or on Twitter @DJHammerinhank